This article will guide you through the steps to generate your API Key and save it in the BTC DCA application to start using regular and automated bitcoin exchanges and withdrawals as you will set up them in the app.
Before starting to follow the step-by-step guide, complete the registration of an account.
Sign In or Sign Up
Sign in to your Coinmate account (Don’t you have an account yet? Sign Up)
Open API menu
Click on the icon in the top right corner to open the menu and select the “API” menu item
Set Up API Key
Populate the New API Key form as follows:
- Select all actions (Account info (A), Enable for trading (T), Enable for withdrawals (W)) to enable all functionalities of the BTC DCA app
- Note: For withdrawal security reasons, it is highly recommended to select “Enable for withdrawals to template addresses only (WTAO)” as well and set up in Coinmate allowed addresses for withdrawal
- A withdrawal template can be set up meanwhile the process of manual withdrawal
- Label of your choice
- Limit access to the IP address set to “126.96.36.199” to restrict access to your account to the BTC DCA server only
- For withdrawals, we do recommend ticking the last checkbox (Enable for withdrawals to template addresses only)
- Before your first automated withdrawal is executed you will have to make 1 manual withdrawal to this BTC address (to create a template in Coinmate exchange), following ones will be performed automatically by the BTC DCA tool
Submit the form and complete the 2FA authentication using a code from your Authenticator app (e.g. Google Authenticator).
Your API Key pair is now generated.
Log In to the BTC DCA application
Log in to the BTC DCA application and select the “SETUP” menu item
Insert your API Key
Select the Coinmate exchange option, paste (CTRL+V) your Public API Key, Private API Key, and Client ID into the matching fields and Submit the form.
Test the connection to your Coinmate account using the “Test connection” button.
In case you face any issues, please, contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org